Seasonal event highlights
Traditional alpine traditions are cheerfully celebrated in Fiè allo Sciliar and have a great importance in social life and for all generations. Ancient customs and beliefs are devotedly maintained, and during your holiday at the Hotel Rose Wenzer you will have the opportunity to participate at some event highlights in the Sciliar area. During different customary parades you will be able to admire the typical costumes of this alpine region and actively participate in the events, especially during the period of Corpus Christi and Sacred Heart. The Oswald von Wolkenstein Ride is the largest equestrian event in South Tyrol and attracts thousands of visitors from all parts of the country. The event takes place every year in early summer.
Kastelruther Spatzen Festival – Event highlight of folk music
Every year, the members of the music group Kastelruther Spatzen gather in their home village to enthral the followers of folk music with their performances. In early summer, the Castelrotto Open Air takes place, and in the fall, the Kastelruther Spatzen Festival counts among the event highlights. Castelrotto is located around 10 kilometres from Fiè allo Sciliar and is easy to reach both by car and by public transport.
Events throughout the year / Highlights:
- In January: Moonlight Classic (Cross Country Event at full moon on the Alpe di Siusi)
- Golf Tournament on the snow on the Alpe di Siusi
- In June: the Kastelruther Spatzen Open Air
- Oswald von Wolkenstein Ride (an exciting event over several days, from the Trostburg in Ponte Gardena to Castelrotto, Siusi, Fiè allo Sciliar up to the Castle Presule with closing party)
- In July: International Music Festival (music students from around the world are guests in Fiè allo Sciliar and offer concerts)
- In October: culinary event “Völser Kuchlkastl” (delicacies from the natural cuisine), the Kastelruther Spatzen Festival, Cattle Drive
- all events>>>